FlashBack Facts: You May Not Have Known Before
What year did Elvis and Priscella divorce in?
Elvis Presley married on May 1, 1967, to Priscilla Ann Wagner in a Las Vegas ceremony. Elvis was 31 years old and Priscilla was 21. The couple had one child together, Lisa Marie Presley, born on February 1, 1968. Elvis and Priscilla divorced in 1973.
What year did Elvis marry Ginger Alden?
Elvis’s last wife was Ginger Alden, who Elvis and Priscilla met when Elvis was filming “Change of Habit” with Mary Tyler Moore. Elvis and Ginger were married in Las Vegas on September 9, 1977, about a year before Elvis’s death on August 16, 1978.
YouTube Rewind: Watch Now
Check out Elvis & Priscilla Presley – Young and Beautiful
5 little known facts about Elvis and his relationships:
1) Elvis was romantically linked to several famous women throughout his lifetime, including Ann-Margret and Marilyn Monroe.
2) Elvis never had any children with any of his wives, although he did have a lot of stepchildren from Priscilla’s previous marriage.
3) Elvis reportedly had a vasectomy in 1965, shortly after marrying Priscilla.
4) Elvis was reportedly a very jealous husband and was known to check up on Priscilla frequently when she was out without him.
5) Elvis and Priscilla’s divorce was amicable and they remained friends until his death in 1977. Elvis even helped Priscilla out financially after the divorce.
Vintage Voices: What Did They Say?
Elvis quote on his marriages is :
Whether Elvis ever found true love in his marriages is debatable.
“Marriage is a great institution, but I’m not ready for an institution.”Elvis Presley