Do you know 2 other shows Henry Winkler starred in?
Henry Winkler is perhaps best known for his role as the cool, confident Fonzie on the hit TV show Happy Days. With his signature leather jacket and greased-back hairstyle, Fonzie quickly became one of the most iconic characters in television history, capturing the hearts of viewers around the world.
He started acting in the 1960s and went on to star in a number of other hit TV shows, including MacGyver and Parks and Recreation.
Happy Days started in 1974 and soon became one of the most popular shows on TV, earning Henry Winkler a number of prestigious awards and accolades.
Watch: The Best of the Fonz Moments
Other well known actors who starred in Happy Days where:
1) Ron Howard
2) Marion Ross
3) Tom Bosley
4) Erin Moran
5 interesting facts about Happy Days:
1) The show was set in the 1950s and 1960s in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
2) Henry Winkler was not the first choice for the role of Fonzie. The producers originally wanted Robert Conrad for the part, but Henry Winkler won them over with his charisma and charm.
3) The original title of the show was “Nobody’s Family Is Like Mine.”
4) The Fonz’s leather jacket was purchased from a second-hand store for $25.
The jacket was so popular that Henry Winkler had to start wearing a replica in later seasons because the original was falling apart.
5) The show aired for 11 seasons and a total of 255 episodes were produced.
A famous quote from the Fonz was…
“Sit on it!” which was said in response to someone who had done something wrong or stupid.
“Sit on it!”-The Fonz
Henry Winkler has said that he still hears people say this phrase to him all the time, even though the show ended over 30 years ago.