What song where The Bee Gees best known for?
The Bee Gees were a musical group that was comprised of three brothers: Barry, Robin, and Maurice Gibb. While the Bee Gees are best known for their song “Stayin’ Alive”, they achieved great commercial success in the 1970s with several other chart-topping hits such as “How Can You Mend A Broken Heart” and “Night Fever”. Though the Bee Gees disbanded in 2003 following Maurice’s death, they remain one of the most successful and influential groups in pop music history.
YouTube Rewind: Watch Now
Dance to ‘Stayin’ Alive’ (Official Music Video)
The Bee Gee’s top 5 songs where:
1) Stayin’ Alive
2) How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
3) Night Fever
4) More Than a Woman
5) Jive Talkin’
5 little known facts about the Bee Gee’s
1) The Bee Gees are the only group in music history to have written, recorded and released 4 consecutive No. 1 singles on the US Billboard charts.
2) The Bee Gees were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1997.
3) They composed and produced many well-known songs for other artists throughout their career, including “Islands in the Stream” for Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton, and “Heartbreaker” for Dionne Warwick.
4) The Bee Gees’ sound was greatly influenced by Motown music and they were often referred to as the “white soul brothers”.
5) Barry Gibb is the only surviving member of the Bee Gees, and he continues to make music to this day.
Vintage Voices: What Did They Say?
A famous Barry Gibb quote is :
“The Bee Gees have always been about creating music and working hard on our craft. We’ve never been motivated by money or fame, but rather by a love of music and a desire to share it with the world.”-Barry Gibb