Hips And Controversy
This caused controversy in the 1950’s as many people thought it was suggestive. Elvis was even banned from some TV shows because of it! Elvis was forced to tone down his Elvis hips, though he still continued to shake them on stage. Shows that banned him included the Ed Sullivan Show and the Milton Berle Show.
FlashBack Facts: Elvis Presley Edition
5 little known facts about Elvis’s body:
1. Elvis got his Elvis hips from years of dancing and performing on stage.
2. These Elvis hips were so provocative that he was banned from some TV shows, including the Ed Sullivan Show and the Milton Berle Show.
3. Despite the controversy surrounding his Elvis hips, Elvis continued to shake them on stage throughout his career.
4. Elvis was also known for his swiveling pelvis and ability to move his body in all sorts of provocative ways.
5. Elvis’s hips became one of the defining features of the rock ‘n’ roll era, and a symbol of rebellion against the staid traditions of the 1950’s.
YouTube Rewind: Starring The king himself!
Watch now! The Time Elvis Got Censored From The Waist Down
Elvis romances included:
1) Elvis and Priscilla Presley: Elvis first met Priscilla Beaulieu when she was just 14 years old, and the pair eventually began a romantic relationship while Elvis was serving in the army.
2) Elvis and Linda Thompson: Elvis also dated actress Linda Thompson for several years in the 1970s, while they were both living in Las Vegas.
3) Elvis and Ginger Alden: Elvis spent the last few years of his life with model Ginger Alden, who he proposed to just weeks before his untimely death in August 1977.
Vintage Voices: What Did They Say?
A famous Elvis quote was :
My hips don’t lie!”– Elvis
Top 5 Elvis songs of all time:
1) “Hound Dog”
2) “Heartbreak Hotel”
3) “Jailhouse Rock”
4) “Don’t Be Cruel”
5) “All Shook Up”